a favourite book based in France...



Today I am linking up to An Accidental blog written  by the fabulous Paulita who is busy planning a move to SW France.

One of my favorite books based in France It is called La Belle Season and is written by Patricia Atkinson who I have mentioned before as being a very inspiring woman who despite the odds took over a local vineyard and went on to make some of the best wine in our area.

It is a remarkable book and a must for any woman contemplating a move to France.

You can read more about the book here.

This post is a bit shorter than I would have liked but I have not yet started dinner and French Boyfriend will be arriving any minute so I must love you and leave you...

à demain, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Interesting. I'll have to look for it.
    My favorite book about France is Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century." It explains so much of what is going on today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely pick up the book, Leeann.
    I'm not sure why the website said you weren't authorized to link to Dreaming of France, but I'll go ahead and add your link. Thanks so much for playing along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Paris for the first time in December and I LOVED it. Hoping to go back for the month in August, so am looking to do as much reading as I can before then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read this book! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read both Patricia's books and I understand she has sold out to a cooperative. Does anyone know what she is doing now ? Have also read the books of Nick Ryman (who died last year) and Caro Feely who also came to the area to produce wines.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment